Why Use a Professional Photographer
Professional Photography For Real Estate
Why Pay for it?
There are many specialists involved in the sale of a property including surveyors, inspectors, contractors, attorneys, and others. Since everyone has a camera, and think they can use it, sellers and their agents often think they don’t need a professional for the major controllable marketing factor to aid a sale. However, this is perhaps a significant oversight because on average, real estate listings sell 20% higher when buyers are able to see quality, professional photos of the property before making an offer on that property.
If a picture does not immediately catch the eye a potential buyer will likely move onto the next property.
Some facts to take note of...
- 83% of buyers thought pictures were very useful. — National Association of Realtors.
- Properties with High Quality Photographs (Think Professional) are more likely to sell and to sell quicker. Redfin — A national Real Estate Firm
- Listings with nicer photographs gain anywhere between $934 and $116,076 in sales price. WSJ
- In an internal case study, IMOTO—a company creating real estate photography for both sellers and REALTORS®—compared 350 listings using their professional photography against 350 similar listings in the same ZIP code. Listings using IMOTO’s professional photography sold 50% faster and 39% closer to the original listing price than similar homes without professional photos.
- For homes listed between $200,000 and $1 million, Redfin found that homes featuring listing photos taken with DSLR cameras sell for $3,400 to $11,200 more, relative to their list prices.
Professional photographers have the equipment, software, and knowledge to show a property in the best light. It makes sense to take advantage of their experience.